400VAC input to 24VDC switching power supply?

XIO

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is such thing as a 24VDC power supply that can take 400VAC. All I need it for is to power a small mitsubishi PLC FX1s-14M. We are currently using a 1kva from acme, single phase (export model). This looks like an overkill but they don't make any smaller export models so I was exploring other options.

I know there is a phoenix contact supply that thats 400VAC-575VAC 3 phase and I beleive PULS has one as well. Unfortunatly I do not have access to the specific part numbers at the moment.

Thanks for the info. I have seen one power supply from SOLA 24VDC at 6 Amps. Do you know of anything smaller that would provide at most 2 Amps?. I am looking for a power supply just to power the PLC. We are currently using a small 1KVA transformer but I think that if I find a power supply we could reduce the cost in our design.

I would pull a neutral conductor in the cabinet supply and use one of the phases and neutral to feed a single phase power supply. Many of the single phase nput switchers are either manually or automatically selectable between 120 and 240 VAC.

Keith

Thanks for the info. I have seen one power supply from SOLA 24VDC at 6 Amps. Do you know of anything smaller that would provide at most 2 Amps?. I am looking for a power supply just to power the PLC.

The smallest one I know of that takes that kind of voltage is a Puls ML90.200 It is rated at 380-480 2ph with a 24VDC output at 3.75A.

Still a little bit big for your requirements but you are probably not going to find anything too small that can take 400 volts on the input side.

If you do find one though, I would be currious as to what it is. I would also have use for something like that from time to time.

Phoenix Contact has a 5A power supply that takes 400-500VAC input. However, it is a 3 phase power supply, not sure if this is going to meet your needs. Anyway, the part# is 2866734

Regards,
Felix

XIO said:
All I need it for is to power a small mitsubishi PLC FX1s-14M. We are currently using a 1kva from acme, single phase (export model). This looks like an overkill.

no, that IS an overkill... :D
i would go with kamenges suggestion and just use small 60W PSU on a single phase - or add small transformer (like 100W or so, no need for 1kVA). if you want to have programming port for your laptop, use 150-250W transformer, should be dirt cheap.

Last edited: