87hz Method with Powerflex 525

Jackllx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I have a 2.2kw drive, this is a lift application and the manufacturer says to use the 87hz method. In theory I understand this but in practicality with a powerflex 525 i am unsure how to achieve this.

I have tried setting my motor data @ 50hz and 87hz, with my min freq at 0 and my max freq at 87hz.

I have increased the FLC of the motor and the OL current to suit it.

The drive is wired in delta and set up on a 3ph inverter with 400v.

I run the drive but it sounds really bad and then stalls.

Is there something I am missing here? Any help appreciated thanks

Are you using the low voltage Delta motor current in the PF525?

We have quite a few PF525's with Delta wired motors running without a problem. (except when some rewired the motor in Star and left the delta current settings in the PF525)

Last edited:
What values did you use for motor nameplate frequency and voltage?

Keith

Hi.

Motor Nameplate:
50hz
220-230/380/400
2.2kw
FLC @ 220v Delta = 8.4a
FLC @ 400v Star = 4.85a
RPM: 1450

Motor is wired in DELTA.

P525 - 5.5k2/ 3 phase

SVC Mode
Max Voltage: 400v
Motor NP Volts: 400v
Motor NP Hertz: 87hz
Motor OL Current: 16a
Motor FLA: 8.4a
Poles: 4
RPM: 1450 - I was unsure if to increase this to match 87hz

Power: 2.2kw

I have my max freq @ 87hz too.

I can get the drive to run now but it doesn't seem like its constant torque, do any of my settings look wrong?

Are you using the low voltage Delta motor current in the PF525?

We have quite a few PF525's with Delta wired motors running without a problem. (except when some rewired the motor in Star and left the delta current settings in the PF525)

Yes I am, but then the OL current is to be increased by a factor of 1.732 (root 3 squared)