AB 1336 Plus II VFD to FactoryTalk

Purrdie

Hi Guys,

How can I display the data in the Allen Bradley VFD to Factory Talk?

What's the next step after detecting the VFD SCANPORT-DF1 adapter in RSLinx?

Thanks.

I'm not using any PLC.
The VFD is directly connected to the factorytalk PC via SCANPORT-DF1 converter.

Is it possible to display the data(ex. running status) in the AB VFD to factorytalk?

if the drive will talk via Modbus
download KEPSERVER V4.5 and run the OPC server mode.

the scanport needs to be controlled by a PLC
so that will need to be your next purchase.

The typical use of the 1203-SSS (I assume that's what you are using) is to provide an interface to DriveTools software, rather than directly to FactoryTalk applications.

But yes, you should be able to access parameters in the 1336 Plus II drive, using what's called the "PCCC Object".

The 1203-SSS represents the drive's Parameter set as though it was an PLC/SLC data table.

You probably can't "browse" for data tables, but you can enter a direct reference to the data table element.

Knowledgebase article 25508 tells us that if Parameter 16 [Interface Select] is set to either "Auto" or "SCANport" in the 1203-SSS adapter, and is connected to a SCANport product such as a 1336 Plus II Drive, you will have full access to the PCCC Object:

Logic Status/Logic Command (N41:0)
Speed Feedback/Speed Reference (N41:1)
Datalink In/Out A1 (N41:2)
Datalink In/Out A2 (N41:3)
Datalink In/Out B1 (N41:4)
Datalink In/Out B2 (N41:5)
Datalink In/Out C1 (N41:6)
Datalink In/Out C2 (N41:7)
Datalink In/Out D1 (N41:8)
Datalink In/Out D2 (N41:9)

I believe that the ordinary configuration/monitoring parameters are emulated as N10:x, so N10:6 = Parameter 6.

A more detailed explanation of a similar PCCC Object implementation is in the 1203-GU6 User Manual, in Appendix D.

What I'm using is 1336-GM2. It also has this "PCCC Object" thing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. From what I understand, I can display the VFD parameters to Factorytalk by utilizing this "PCCC Object".