AB PanelView Pushbutton Visibility Tag?

mike64b

Had a couple questions about the visibility tag because the help doesn't provide much info at all about it.

1) Does it hide the button so that even if the user presses in the area that the button was, they won't activate it?

2) The tag that you link to it, is it assumed that a 0 means Show and 1 means Hide? I see nothing specifying this at all?

Am I missing something? I've searched through the Help, quickstart, google, etc and I have NO idea how visibility tags work... Does anyone know?!

Are you using Panelbuilder32? I remember using it and wishing there was a visibility option and couldn't find one.

No I'm using PVc Design Station (Panelview Component Design Station). Under the connections tab for pushbuttons they list tags like Read Tag, Write Tag, Handshake tag, Indicator Tag, and Visibility Tag.

I understand all of those except the Visibility Tag and they manual and help file is absolutely zero help :\

modify in RS view studio..

select the area -->rt click for drop down menu-->select animation-->visibility....put expression and state status for 1=visible/invisible

mike64b - I have never used Panelview Component Design Station, only FactoryTalk View Studio, but I suspect the answer is still the same.

1) Yes, while "not visible" touching that area of the screen will not activate a hidden button. I use it frequently to enable and disable password dependent features.

2) When developing in FT View Studio, I have an additional radio button that allows me to define whether the device is visible or invisible based on the setting. I use this, for example, to display a button that reads "LOGIN" when the associated bit is "0" and then another button in the same location that reads "LOGOUT" when the same bit is "1". This gives the appearance of a single button that toggles on and off.

Steve

Thanks for the replies guys, perhaps I had no idea because I never heard of Factory Talk View Studio?? I'm only using RSLogix Micro Starter and PVc Design Station... Does this mean I have to purchase View Studio to work with the visibility tags or is there a free version I could use??

Thanks.

... I'm only using RSLogix Micro Starter and PVc Design Station... Does this mean I have to purchase View Studio to work with the visibility tags or is there a free version I could use??

Thanks.

I think you have everything you need already (although I have never used the PVc either). In other HMI softwares I have used, the visibility tag must evaluate to True in order to make the object visible and False to make it hidden. Usually, a value of zero means false and any other value means true. In some cases you may be forced to use a boolean tag in which a "1" would mean visible and a "0" would be hidden.

Had a couple questions about the visibility tag because the help doesn't provide much info at all about it.

1) Does it hide the button so that even if the user presses in the area that the button was, they won't activate it?

2) The tag that you link to it, is it assumed that a 0 means Show and 1 means Hide? I see nothing specifying this at all?

1) That's correct, if the visibility tag is False (0), then the user will not be able to press it.

2) No, 0 means Hide, 1 means Show.