AB PLC 2.0 and AB PLC 3.5-10 with Plantpax

lalas

Hello All
We have 3rd party vendors that run on older versions of PLC (Plc2.0) while we run the main system using plantpax and PLC 3.5-10. Plantpx 3.5 has features such as controller alarming. It was suggested that we upgrade the 3rd party vendor PLC to plc 3.5-10 to match the plantpax PLC. I am not fully convinced with that and maybe we can bring in the PVs ,AI,DI,..etc through an add on instruction. My question is, do we need to create add on instructions at the sources (3rd party vendor) or in Plantpax. We will use factory gateway to connect both systems. The concern is the HMI objects in Plantpax will not be compatible with the PLC 2.0 (new set of HMI objects need to be created).

What would be a good way to bring in the values and have as such a standard HMI object in plant pax?
Do we need to develop add on instructions on the PLC 2.0 only or PLC 2.0 and PLc 3.5 or only plc 3.5?

Is there something similar to Quick builder from Honeywell that connects Honeywell to non-Honeywell systems.?

I hope I captured the theme of the issue at hand and would appreciate any input.