AB SLC 5/05 with National Instruments Lookout 6.0

dfmoore35

We have a machine running an AB SLC 5/05 and use National Instruments Lookout 6.0 on a Dell PC to communicate to it. I need to change the IP address of the SLC, which is no problem, but I also need to change it in Lookout 6.0 so it knows where to find the SLC. When I try to go in to edit mode of Lookout, it is greyed out (inaccessible), which I guess was done by the vendor who programmed it. How do I make edit mode accessible again.

dfmoore35 said:
We have a machine running an AB SLC 5/05 and use National Instruments Lookout 6.0 on a Dell PC to communicate to it. I need to change the IP address of the SLC, which is no problem, but I also need to change it in Lookout 6.0 so it knows where to find the SLC. When I try to go in to edit mode of Lookout, it is greyed out (inaccessible), which I guess was done by the vendor who programmed it. How do I make edit mode accessible again.
I don't know about Lookout specifically but with LookoutDirect (the version they licensed to AutomationDirect), to be able to edit the program you need to have a key with the development software permission on it. This is in USB form these days.

One thing you might want to try, I have heard about this working athough never tried it. Download from lookouts website their version of software. Try to make sure you get the same version number as you are currently running. Run this on another pc. On the PC that is currently running the product export the program and save it to either floppy or cd. THen load this into the new pc. The downloaded version is said to have the config section fully available but limited runtime. So it might solve the problem, dont know 100% not being to familiar with Lookout.

dfmoore35 said: