ABB RETA-01 Card to Contrologix PLC

pauly

I have a customer who wants to control his DCS800 drives via Ethernet, so I have bought two RETA-01 cards. At the moment they are connected via Devicenet. Using my test DCS800 drive and L62 controller I can control the drive but I can only seem to get a limited amount of information from it using the input assembly 103 and output assembly 102 which gives 3 in and 2 out respectively. This is the only assembly I can get to work. I can use explicit messaging to pull more data from the drive but I'm not sure this is the best way.
The manual says: The additional desired data words have to be configured via the fieldbus network using Vendor Specific Drive I/O Object (Class 91h). The adapter will automatically save the configuration

But I have no idea what this means. Anybody done anything similar?
I need 9 words from the drive, the standard 2 to the drive are enough

That means that the "Vendor Specific" ones no longer follow the ODVA spec, and you will need to be aware of that and change the host programming to match. In other words, you will need to do more programming at the PLC to control it and not just use canned functions.