ABB TotalFlow simulator download?

timothy585

Supporting Member
I'm trying to look at some G5 and XIO configs offline with PCCU and I understand that I need a simulator for that purpose. I haven't contacted my distributor yet, but after looking online all I can find is a G4 simulator, but no links for downloading.

My workaround right now is keeping an XIO powered up in my vehicle for viewing configs. But to me, that shouldn't be necessary. Every other main-stream PLC/flow computer allows you to view program files and basic configs offline.

I'm assuming I will have to pay for the simulator. Also, does anyone know if they make a simulator for G5 and XIO?

Thanks.

Yep. The G4 Simulator actually opens and runs G4, G5 and XIO configs just fine. I guess they all run the same kernel or something.

All you have to do is extract the zip config file and save it to the Tfdata folder in simulator directory and it'll run fine.

Don't know if this is common knowledge, but something else I learned is that if your config is saved as a .xfc file, then just change the file extension from .xfc to .zip

Extract the newly created .zip file and all your applications will be there and it'll run just fine.

Yep. The G4 Simulator actually opens and runs G4, G5 and XIO configs just fine. I guess they all run the same kernel or something.

All you have to do is extract the zip config file and save it to the Tfdata folder in simulator directory and it'll run fine.

Don't know if this is common knowledge, but something else I learned is that if your config is saved as a .xfc file, then just change the file extension from .xfc to .zip

Extract the newly created .zip file and all your applications will be there and it'll run just fine.
Where do you find the Simulator? I have searched extensively.

It's included with any recent PCCU download package. You will be given the option to install it when you install PCCU.

Here's a link to the latest version...

ABB PCCU 7.77 Download

Loading and running an existing program in the simulator can be a little tricky sometimes. Give it a try and let me know if you need help getting it going.

I forgot what you type on the tcp/ip to connect. Was it service port?