ADAM 6217 Module to PLC over Ethernet/Modbus

So you just assign an IP address to the ADAM. Then in your Productivity you execute MRX instructions directed at the ADAM's IP address, referencing the appropriate Modbus registers. The manual on page 124 shows the Modbus register mapping. This should make it quite easy to poll the ADAM.

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but when we bought a new ADAM 6051 module, we had to set the IP address in it. That required an ADAM.NET utility program. If I remember correctly, the program was free. Then it had to search the network for ADAM modules. I changed the one with the 'factory default address' to the desired address and it worked fine after that.
Mad Poet.