Adding Duplicate Standard PanelView (not Plus) to SLC 5/04 PLC over DH485

kloc5

Hello,

We have an older machine that has a standard PanelView (2711-T10C3) connected over DH485 to a SLC 5/04 PLC via a 1761-NET-AIC module in between. We would like to add another HMI that is an exact duplicate. What would be the best way to add this duplicate HMI to this machine? Is there a way to split the DH485 coming out of the AIC module to both? Is there anything in the HMI program that I would have to change on the second HMI to prevent communication issues? It has been a while since I've used PanelBuilder.

Thanks!

The "3" at the end of the part number indicates that this is a DH-485 protocol terminal with classic DH485 wiring. You must use the flash card or DH485 to upload and download; the RS-232 port on these is for printing only.

The 1761-NET-AIC has two RS-232 ports, and one DH485 combicon/screw-terminal trunk port.

Because you are connecting it to the Channel 0 RS-232 port of an SLC-5/04, you must be using one of the serial ports for the SLC, and the DH485 trunk port for the PanelView via an 1761-AS03 or -AS09 cable.

You will need another 1761-NET-AIC to connect an identical PanelView to this network.

If the new PanelView will be within 50 feet of the old one, you could link the two 1761-NET-AIC's with their unused serial ports.

The only configuration change you will definitely need to make is in the Configuration of the PanelView itself, so that it has a unique DH485 address.

There may be application reasons to change the application, like multistate pushbuttons that might conflict once there are two HMI terminals acting on the same PLC registers. But that's going to be application-specific.