Adding HW submodule to device in TIA V13

stayclashy80

Hey guys,

So I successfully added a new Leuze barcode scanner to my existing profinet network and now I'm trying to add HW_Submodules to my new device. I found the ones I need in the HW catalog and drag and dropped them into my device. I want to know when I download these new changes will it require me to halt the plc like when I added a new node to the profinet network.

Thanks

I would say, that you need stop PLC. (It is same as local IO or Remote IO hardware change.)

If you try download, TIA should say if it consistent (Run) or CPU needs stopped before donwload.

1200 or 1500?

1500 using Tia V13. First time doing this. I also need to add DB and FB's. My thought was to do it all at the same time so I don't have to stop the production line several times. Currently trying to copy an existing FB but when I do it just shows up as the same number in the brackets for example BCL348i[FB48] on the original one and then BCL348i_1[FB48] on my duplicate. I'm concerned they are are both called [FB48] inside the brackets even though they both have unique names outside the brackets. Looking through my program I can't find any other examples where the FB or DB number in the brackets is the same in 2 places. When copying FB's and DB's is this normally how it works?

If you copy allready existing FB or DB, it is named with new name, but you need decide new number for block as TIA lets you to decide new number for copied block.
Compile go to error, if you have same number used twicve or more.

You can also add new FB or DB, then TIA suggest new block number automatically (Which you can change) and you need give symbolic name for new block.

Don't forget add call for FB block on OB1 (or to other block, without call your FC / FB blocks won't run.

Before download, dont worked to taked snapshots from values. If you only download full modified project to PLC, all DB data is (probably) initialized to same than offline project have.

Last edited: