Allen Bradley 1760 pico controller

bazmc

Hi im trying to connect my pico to my laptop but I cant configure the com port for usb. it works okay on a different laptop with the serial cable but when I try using the serial to usb it wont connect.
What setting do I need to change in device manager. Ive googled it but cant find the answer.
Thanks in advance

Do you have another USB adapter you can try? we stopped selling the Pico and the Siemens Logo cable because they had too many issues but I would try another USB adapter, some are better than others.

Hi lads. Tried another cable and no joy. In device manager
There are loads of different setting for the com port under port settings. See attached. Can someone advise what setting to choose.

Hi Geospark
For some reason its connected for me. Didn't do anything different. It's just connected. Happy days and thanks for the help

You did do something different. You interacted with me. I have that "solving" effect on equipment :geek:

Useless with people, mind you.

G.

geniusintraining said:
...we stopped selling the Pico and the Siemens Logo cable because they had too many issues...

Hi Mark,

May I ask was it the serial cable you sold or had you the USB version as well?

AB also made USB cables for the standard and GFX model PICO controllers...

1760-USB-PICO (for standard Pico controllers such as 1760-L12xxx and 1760-L18xxx)

1760-USB-GFX (for Pico GFX controllers such as 1760-LDFx)

They are obsolete since 2017 but I'm sure could be sourced?

Other than directly with the above, Rockwell recommends you use a combination of their 9300-USBS serial to USB adapter with their 1760-CBL-PM02 cable, which I know you've supplied the equivalence of for years Mark.

G.