allen bradley 6182 industrial computer not communicating

pmdavis300

i am trying to network a 6182 with a controllogix5555 plc together. they communicated fine before, and i can still see the plc on my rslink on my laptop. 6182 is getting an opc error. the error is "OPC: '(RSLinx OPC Server) Server: The item is no longer available."

what does this mean and how do i fix it?

That error indicates that the OPC server is no longer available...

Are all of the network addresses the same as they were before? What else has changed? Is it connected to exactly the same device, exactly the same configuration?? What address does the 6182 expect to be connecting to?

It's basically indicating a network issue...

nothing has changed as far as i know. the touch screen is connecting to a plc via ethernet. the ips should be ok. the plc has a sticker saying the ip should be 169.254.226.5 which is what it actually is showing up as on my laptop. not sure what the ip address of the RAC is right now. i couldnt get the rac to show up on my laptop either btw. i assume the problem is in the rac somewhere?