Allen Bradley FSC Expression

bob1371

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

Trying to use an FSC instruction to search an array for part number.

Hardware -
5069-L306erms
C-More Headless HMI

Software -
Studio5000 v32.13

I have a Part_Recipe array of Data Type Recipe[1000]
One of the elements of the Recipe UDT is PartNumber of Data Type String

Operator inputs a 12 character alpha numeric part number on HMI and this is stored in a tag, PartNumber of Data Type String

I've added an image showing what I have for testing purposes. Part Recipe array element 2 has the part number that matches what PartNumber has. I figured once triggered the FSC would return a Position of 2 and stop but it runs to 999. I can only assume my expression is wrong.

FSC.PNG

You have indeed not set up the expression properly -- you have it comparing PartNumber to the same first part number in the array (position 0) 1000 times; since that value never changes it will either find a match the first time or never do so.

Instead of [0] you need to use the FSC's current position to iterate through the array, [C01_Cav1_FileSearch.POS]

EDIT: Your logic elsewhere may already prevent it being an issue, but if BAllen remains true the scan after the position is found, it will continue through the rest of the array.

Last edited: