Allen Bradley Interfacing Measurement Equipment

theyear2k

Hello

I am very familiar with ladder logic and PLC programming, however I am new to Allen Bradley, ethernetIP, and interfacing measurement equipment. It would be very appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction.

The requirement is to interface an LCR meter to a modern, small PLC. The PLC would handle the calculations from the measurements. Preferably the PLC would be an Allen Bradley (CompactLogix?). It would be nice if the communication would be ethernetIP (LCR meter featuring an EDS/AOP?)

Thanks again for any guidance.

What LCR meter are you using? If the device is ethernet IP, you should be able to add it to the IO tree of the logix device and the logix device would see it as IO.

ETH I/P uses the CIP protocol. If your meter supports CIP they should provide documentation on using it.
They might provide an AOI for it, but if they don't you will need to use CIP messaging to read it's data. Focus on CIP with them and that will take you where you need to go.