Allen Bradley - SEW Enabling

Mashymoo

Hi all, I'm having trouble connecting and running an SEW motor from an Allen Bradley PLC and MOVIFIT FC. I'm using Studio5000 V23 and MOVITOOLS. Able to connect to the IO of the inverted and use it appropriately.

Following the ethernetIP Interface manual from SEW on this drive, I cant get the MSG function to work, as I keep getting an error 16#0005 Class or instance not supported. Power cycling the inverter changes the fault from this to device offline so i know its seeing the drive. I cant find anything in MOVITools that would lead me in the right direction.

On another note, how do you actually learn how to professionally configure these? I've only finished an apprenticeship in maintenance and during shut downs I have a test rig I can fiddle with which is offline from the line side machinery, but I cant find any actual resources of step by step guides or teaching.

Thanks