Allen Bradley SIL 2 system setup

timcph2008

Hello All,

Recently I am reading an Allen Bradley document: SIL 2 System Configuration with Add-On Instructions for 1756 ControlLogix I/O Modules.

In the document it specific the the layout of the fault tolerant system.
We will have redundant controller and 2 RIO, and Termination Boards.

The document did specific what module and board to use for AI, DI, and DO. But did not specific what the AO should be.

Questions:
1. Should I consider SIL 2 as redundant IO? They seems different in the way the document explain SIL 2.

2. Should SIL 2 setup included any AO? if not, where/how should I configure my AO?

3. It did not specific how the ethernet network looks like, do I need redundant switch for this setup?

Thank you for your help!