ALMD MinDuractionACC not accumulating

Wildesy

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me why the MinDuractionACC isn't accumulating in the example below? Is it just a visual bug?

almd-mindurationacc.png

I've tried in multiple different controllers and programs, but it never visually accumulates in the ALMD or in the actual tag. I swear I've seen them accumulating in the past and that's clearly how they are meant to work so I'm obviously missing something. The ALMD will go into alarm after the MinDurationPRE is completed so it is clearly keeping track of the accumulated time in alarm, just not displaying it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Wow, I swear it used to! Did it get bombed in the transition from Rslogix to Studio...?

attachment.php

Why would they keep it as part of the data type if it's not even used? o_O

Last edited:
xxx.png

This is probably why the value is not displayed in Logix/Studio 5000. 31 bits of a millisecond counter is just over half an hour [update: whoops! no, it's just under 25d], so the issue should have been pretty rare. Changing the internal behavior would have broken backward compatibility if anyone was using the value in the PLC in 2014 and replaced it after 2016, so I wonder if it is actually changing under the hood. Try COPying it to a UDINT buffer tag and see if the buffer tag's display changes?

You would think there is another 32-bits, somewhere in the structure, that is incrementing. Perhaps you can COP the entire structure to somewhere else and see what is changing.

Last edited: