Alpha GSM Modem ???

eprahs

Hi,
I have a Mitsubishi Alpha 2 Plc and am trying to link this to GSM Modem (Quasar Q2403R). With no success I am struggling with the following:
1 The Alpha asks for an initialization string. I think I am right in saying the modem does not require this.
2 If this is correct then what data do I put in the modem.ini file, also how do I enter it, according to the help file it should be placed on the bottom row of the file.
3 As the modem is not listed in the Alpha GSM config I have been using the "NEW" option. How should I title this in the modem.ini file
PS I know the modem is OK as I have used PuTTY to send a sms message
Any help appreciated hope someone as got this to work

just for kicks can you try to use the Wavecom as your type

I think you need to set your baud rate in your initialization string to match your alpha 2 serial line which I believe runs at 9600 baud

Last edited:
Yes tried the Wavecom option as the Quasar Modem is based on Wavecom software. I have also set the Initialization string to include a 9600 (IPR=9600) baud as well as IFC=0,0 CMEE=1 and E0S0=2&W All to no avail

Yes PLC Diagnostics shows various things depending on options I have tried
CMS Error 515
GSM 0.4.11 Annex E2 values 38.

However firstly I would like to establish Correct modem settings and initialization settings and then concentrate on any errors that may flag up.

Last edited:
Just a couple things:

When you connect with putty what parameters did you use, can you capture your session to see what it sends as an init string if any?

And how many commands are you trying to send from the Alpha2?