Amber battery light.

Hi to all. On our Siemens PLC power supply, the battery light is showing amber. If we do not immediately change the batteries, will we lose the program when powering down the PLC for about 10 to 20 min. Thank you all for your help

Potentially, if you turn the power off now, you will immediately loose anything saved to the ram portion of the cpu.

Swap the battery out without powering down. Replacements are easy to source, ive even got them off Amazon before.

The PLC was rebooted 3 times for aroun 10 min. Fortunately the program was not lost. The batteries were replaced. When batteries were replaced. When batteries were pulled, the battery light turned red, even after replacing them. After rebooting the plc the battery light was off. When light is amber. is it just a warning until it turns red? Thank you for your help.