Analogue light sensor

Jon R

Hi,

I am trying to find a light sensor with either a 4-20ma or 0-10V output. I have searched google but couldn't find anything suitable.

Basically I am going to use it to vary the lighting depending on the difference in light levels from two sensors, hence the need for analogue.

Has anyone come across these?

Thanks in advance,

Jon.

Googling with the 'pages from UK' selected:
"light sensor" +"4-20mA"

Gave me over 200 hits but obviously I don't know what made the ones you found not 'suitable'.

Bryan

my mistake i humbly apologise.
Apology accepted my fine fellow, here's wishing you the finest of fine days :)

It always hacks me off the way Google doesn't know what I meant to type, if you enter something it should know the meaning and search around the subject, not just finding pages with the words you actually did type. Computers have along way to go.... can't wait till I get that chip embedded in my brain! 🔨

Bryan

Apology accepted my fine fellow, here's wishing you the finest of fine days :)

It always hacks me off the way Google doesn't know what I meant to type, if you enter something it should know the meaning and search around the subject, not just finding pages with the words you actually did type. Computers have along way to go.... can't wait till I get that chip embedded in my brain! :smas:Bryan

I also find it most irritating that a computer does not raed my mnd and only does garbage en garbage out.
Wish it would sense my types automatically aslw.

The BEST I ever did was at 2AM working on my thesis I told the computer
dammit dont do what I tell you to do do what I want you to do.

Thought on that and decided fatigue was setting in and went home to bed.
Dan Bentler

I echo the sentiments in this thread. The "do what I mean not do what I say" is dangerous ground for a PC though. I have had many a frustrating hour trying to get a PC running a well-known overpriced operating system to do what I said, not what it thought I meant. 🔨

If you are looking for an inexpensive way out, what about a Cds cell? You could stack it with a pot to form a voltage divider. If I remember, some have a pretty wide resistance range. It wouldn't be off the shelf, but then again its only 2 common components.