Any Interest In A PLCS Member Meeting - Chicago March 2005?

CaseyK

In the cornfields, on the prarie, outside Chi-Town
The National Manufcturing Week Conference, featuring the Automation Show, is slated for March 7-10, 2005 at Mc Cormick Place in Chicago.

Anyone interested in meeting together there.

Maybe Phil will would supply everyone with a PLCS.net T-Shirt and Hat, and then again, maybe not.

Think of the commeraradery. And we could sing the PLCS song, that old beloved classic, "I I 0 0 0 I I bottles of beer on the wall", and maybe not.

Anyway, just an idea to toss out......casey

The 'CALENDAR' section (two buttons over to the left of SEARCH) might be one possibility. Whomever posts an event could ask attendees to PM them. That person could compile a running list and post in the 'files' section. I know, kinda half-a$$ed, but I know of no other way of doing with the current forum.

One thing though. If Casey's gonna plan things 9 months in advance, we'll have to get Phil to allow calendar entries that far in the future. I question why it's possible to add events back to 2000... :unsure:

beerchug

-Eric

I will probably be attending IMTS in Chicago in September.
Most likely not going to NMW. I was there a couple years ago. I finished it about 2 hours. Not much there to interest me. Most of the big names were not there.

Perhaps we need to have a "Sticky" for this (NMW / Automation Show).

RE: IMTS Show, September 8-15, 2004, McCormick Place, Chicago. Looking over the website, I would probably just go to see the CAD and controls stuph. Being an 8-day show is better from the standpoint it is easier to pick a day to get there, and would have a weekend day available too.

Since September is starting to close in fast, a thread probably is best for that, in my opinion. I'll let someone else start that.

I, myself, could never do everything I wanted at NMW / Automation Show. I haven't been there in a couple of years, maybe it has really gone down. I would go to the plant engineering area for an hour or two, as I sometimes am involved in that. I really had no interest in the IT stuph.

Anyway, just trying to get feedback if there is any interest to congregate.

carry on gents....casey

There is a pretty good chance that I will be there. I won't know for sure till later in the year, but last year we were there. That's the part I like about trade shows and conferences; getting to meet people that I know from phone conversations and through the internet. :D

kc9ih said:
...Maybe Phil will would supply everyone with a PLCS.net T-Shirt and Hat, and then again, maybe not.

Sure. I'd be happy to supply t-shirts to anyone going.
As for myself... too far into the future to know. :confused:

Why does the calendar go back to 2000 and not ahead to 2005? Good question :unsure:

Special show section for the site. Good idea. How about a new forum section titled shows? Anybody have a schedule of shows for the next x months?

Enjoy,

Put me down. I like to go on the second day, not quite as crowded, exhibators still in a good mood, still have lots of free stuff, exhibitors still in a good mood. Advantage of last day is sometimes you can get a whole box of hats, t-shirts, coffee cups, or ? from some of the booths. I have not heard of IMTS show. My first mobile telephone was a Motorola IMTS, but probably not the same thing. My wife says I can go to Chicago anytime, as long as I take her. Boy, does she love navy pier. At least it keeps her busy.

Paul

Sounds good to me Pual. I haven't been there for several years, EVERY year some @#$@^*&^ comes up with something to screw up my life and schedule.

Maybe we could meet somewhere and carpool in. I don't know anyone out here who would be going. Closet people to me that I can think of is are in Joliet or Rockford.

Plenty of time yet.

regards.....casey

ESD, (Engineering Society of Detroit), used to host a dedicated PLC show in Detroit every April. Since Cobo hall is in walking distance, I attened every year. Since it somehow was folded into the SAE show, it became ALL about making cars...and became such a sausage factory, the whole automation thing got lost... bawling

kc9ih said:
Sounds good to me Pual. I haven't been there for several years, EVERY year some @#$@^*&^ comes up with something to screw up my life and schedule.

Maybe we could meet somewhere and carpool in. I don't know anyone out here who would be going. Closet people to me that I can think of is are in Joliet or Rockford.

Plenty of time yet.

regards.....casey

I would not mind meeting up with you casey. I live in New Lenox. I plan on going to the NMW. I like to check out what Autodesk is bringing out in the way of new/updated software. I typically go on the second or third day. I already know my class schedule for next semester so it would have to be on Tuesday (the only free day).

Bob