Anyone reset a totalizer in flow meters using hart

If the flow meter supports reset over HART, which most probably do, then the task is doable with a HART handheld communicator (375/475). Or if you're running some form of 'asset management software' that talks HART through a HART enabled I/O card, then the software interface is likely to perform a totalizer reset.

But otherwise, the probability of performing such a task is very low; it's very difficult to do so because of the lack of easily available tools for formatting and implementing messaging over HART.

The HART protocol was invented for configuration, has lately been touted for diagnostics, but only those paying big bucks for the HART spec get the details necessary for formatting and implementing HART messageing.

The complexity and roadblocks in messaging over HART is enormous compared to either using a digital input on the flow meter to reset the totalizer or using Modbus to reset the totalizer.

Why bother developing a HART command when most flow meters have a DI that will reset the totalizer?