ascii string from micrologix

gbeaker

Can someone point me in the right direction to send an ascii string via channel 2?

I think I want the AWT command but is there any special formatting or handshaking that needs to be done?

"...channel 2..."...Are you using a MicroLogix 1400?

Are you connecting to an RS-232 or RS-485 device(s)?

If you have a TechConnect Contract then have a look at the example programs attached to the following technote...

50011 - ASCII MicroLogix and SLC examples to Read and Write
Access Level: TechConnect

MicroLogix 1400 examples are at the bottom of the list.

Regards,
George

George,
What are the forum or AB rules regarding posting stuff form the KB that require a Tech Connect to view? Is it allowed or discouraged?

George,
What are the forum or AB rules regarding posting stuff form the KB that require a Tech Connect to view? Is it allowed or discouraged?

Sorry about that...
Tought that posting my own stuff, wouldn't be a problem...I will read the rules again :)

jmsmoreira,
That was not meant for your. I was thinking of posting the whole code as I have a tech connect contract but thought I would ask before I do. You can post your own stuff till the cows come home. I just didn't want to violate any rules of the forum.

Sorry If I caused any issues!!

jmsmoreira,
That was not meant for your. I was thinking of posting the whole code as I have a tech connect contract but thought I would ask before I do. You can post your own stuff till the cows come home. I just didn't want to violate any rules of the forum.

Sorry If I caused any issues!!

My name is Jorge...tought you wrote it wrong, and were talking to me lol

Now I realized you were talking to George...:)

Bullzi,

Well, I'm not a Moderator here, and I do not know nor set the rules specific to your concern, but I always "feel" that the safest bet is not to directly copy/paste any intellectual property that is locked under TechConnect. It's not so much for fear of personal reprisals, but more in thinking of Phil.

I honestly do not think that anyone of importance from Rockwell, reading this Forum (if they ever do?), would take exception to the tidbits we trickle out from the Knowledgebase, locked or otherwise. However, if they "were" to see whole articles or "not for free" Sample Code being posted up in a wholesale fashion, then maybe, just maybe, some one, some day, may take exception and tackle Phil over it.

It's probably an outside bet, but for me, and out of respect for the Forum and it's Administrator, I just do not do it.

Some "people" do find ways, however, to circumvent such "obstacles". A "PM" or "email" would spring to "some" minds, but I didn't just say that out load.

...In fact, I'm not even here. I've just left for home...