Asking for communication betwwen 2 PLCs and 1 HMI

hoainam2310

hello everyone,

I have 2 PLCs controller : Micro850, and 1 HMI PV800. I use CCW to write the program. I already finished programing for both PLCs individually with HMI in 2 different CCWSLN files.

The problem is I do not know to use 1 HMI to control both PLCs. Ex: on HMI, i Have 6 screens. 1-3 is for the first controller, 4-6 is for another. But do not knwo how to solve this problem.

I am new with CCW. Please help me. Thank you so much.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I admit I'm not sure that the PanelView 800 can communicate with more than one controller simultaneously.

To test this, you will need different Tags for each controller. Each Tag will be associated with a separate communications "shortcut" name.

Double-click on the PanelView 800 in CCW to open the Settings screen. You will have the PLC Name/Type/Address/Timing/Auto-Demotion/Description/etc in the table in the middle of the screen.

(you can follow along with our friend Tim at 5 minutes into this training video: https://youtu.be/RZVDuDEqVfA?t=302)

If the PV800 does support more than one Shortcut at a time, you can click Add Controller to add another.

Let us know how it works out !

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I admit I'm not sure that the PanelView 800 can communicate with more than one controller simultaneously.

To test this, you will need different Tags for each controller. Each Tag will be associated with a separate communications "shortcut" name.

Double-click on the PanelView 800 in CCW to open the Settings screen. You will have the PLC Name/Type/Address/Timing/Auto-Demotion/Description/etc in the table in the middle of the screen.

(you can follow along with our friend Tim at 5 minutes into this training video: https://youtu.be/RZVDuDEqVfA?t=302)

If the PV800 does support more than one Shortcut at a time, you can click Add Controller to add another.

Let us know how it works out !
Thank you Ken Roach. I watched a lot of videos from Tim's youtu. Therefore, I was successfull to add tags for each controllers and they are work well individually. After that, I used the Ethenet cable to connect PLC 1- PLC2- HMI via the router ( everyone has each IP address). My program is i cound not find the way how to connect them together on the program CCW so that on HMI i can see 2 program as well. I only found on the internet the way to switch the application on HMI. But I could not see them run at the same time. Because CCW could not let me add 2 controllers to 1 project. It is my first 2 weeks with CCW. Thanks for your answer.