Automation Titles

Quite often, my job is to get the Engineer's chestnuts out of the fire when his theory doesn't quite match reality. I think experience is the best teacher.

Heh, no doubt. I've always loved someone's sig on this forum, that says "The difference between theory and practice is that in theory they are they same, and in practice they are not." I think the first 3 or 4 things I learned after college is that my booklearnin' doesn't count for jack, and if I haven't seen it with my own eyes, then it might as well not exist.

What my e-mail signature says: Electrical & Commissioning Engineer.
What my business card says: Electrical Engineer.
What my role suits: Control System or Automation Engineer.
What I tell people I do: Sweep the floor in the electrical workshop.

What I hate: When people refer to me as a programmer.

If I can hook on here..

What do the self employed people here call themselves? My business card just states owner. I basically have one single client, I used to be employed by them. My business card from them just states electrical engineer.

Project Engineer for a SI.

Not sure what that means - but job duties are Quote, Design, Programming, SQL(Pretend Database Administrator), IT Networking, Commissioning etc...

Hey Everyone,
My title is "Controls Technician" but I am also the printer guy, the telecom (phones) guy, the A/V guy and data guy. Sometimes the "Come On" guy too! As in "Come on can't you look at it?" But I don't do time clocks, that's were I draw the line.