Batchsystem in WinCC Flexible, opinions about what they want

For viewing the data, I would display some of the batches and allow the operator to scroll through them (ie. show 10 at a time).

Whenever the batch list needs to be used, I would parse it to a multi-dimensioned array (loop through the file using readline, until EOF is reached).

Sorting it could be achieved using a bubble sort.

This is all doable.

hmm

I like the idea of writing to csv and reading from it.

Is it trustable ?

Do you have an example ?

Can you sort in the excell file and still using it for the panel ?

lendyck said:
For viewing the data, I would display some of the batches and allow the operator to scroll through them (ie. show 10 at a time).

Whenever the batch list needs to be used, I would parse it to a multi-dimensioned array (loop through the file using readline, until EOF is reached).

Sorting it could be achieved using a bubble sort.

This is all doable.

Combo said:
Is it trustable ?
?

Keep in mind that things can happen that can corrupt the csv file. The HMI can crash while writing, Power failure while writing. The memory card can be damaged and so on

hm

But, I will be doing it in a wincc flexible runtime (PC).

So making batches and writing them in a csv file, is the job of the office PC. Reading them out and writing them into PLC tags is also for this PC.

Is it trustable then ?

Bratt said:
Keep in mind that things can happen that can corrupt the csv file. The HMI can crash while writing, Power failure while writing. The memory card can be damaged and so on

hmm

How about the recipe system...

I mean, isn't that an option...

The batching system runs in the panel... with the recipe thing.

The idea goes like this:

- Recipes are entered offline in a CSV file...

- Locally, the MP277 runs his batches form the CSV file.

- When they choose a recipe (=batch) and they hit the 'confirm' button, the recipe is loaded in the PLC and is deleted out of the recipelist (=batchinglist).

You know, maybe this can work... ?

Pretend that the recipe thing is a batching tool, edit the csv's online.

Sorting problem should be solved and also the number of batches...

Owyeah, and the script that I have now, to write tags to a csv, I would use that to do historic data archive of the batches that are done.

Opinions ?

hmm

That's no problem, 1000 is what I need

No more SCL calculation, much more simple...

no ?

CharlesM said:
I think recipe's are limited to 1000 records. I may be wrong but I think I saw that somewhere.

hi

MP277 keys:

300 recipes

it's 500 / recipe

and 1000 entries / record

Hmm, how can expand this... several recipes with 500 records in them ?

CharlesM said:
I think recipe's are limited to 1000 records. I may be wrong but I think I saw that somewhere.

hmm

If you make 300 file's with 500 records, and you see a record as a batch, then you have 150000 batches

maybe a little question that I have:

- I would (tomorow testing) make a button that sends the recipe in PLC tags, that's nothing new, but also a button to delete the current chosen recipe...

buth in one button, send and deleting... how should I do this, I don't like the question if I really want to delete the recipe...