Battery for ControlLogix CPU

DaveW

I have a 1756-L63 RevB CPU and the manual said to use the 1756-BA2 battery. My sales rep said I can use the 1756-BA1 as well. Can anyone confirm this?

DaveW said:
My sales rep said I can use the 1756-BA1 as well. Can anyone confirm this?

The BA1 dies really fast on large memory CPUs. So use it only if you want to have a dead battery and a need to reload your program after the machine has been off for a couple of weeks.

Ser B processor can use BA2 only
It is a different battery and has different connector.

You can't use BA1 or BATM with ser B

BA2 should last for years in ser B processor.

Similar Topics

I cut apart a 1756-xx memory battery and it turns out to be a 3 volt battery. So has anybody ever gotten a dual AA battery holder to series...
Replies
Views
Hi all, It's my understanding that the ControlLogix battery protects persistent memory when the device is powered off. So, the device can...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , We have a ControlLogix 5561 controller. The maintenance group , powered down the machine and lost the program. The battery...
Replies
Views
ControlLogix 5561 processor. In the rack is a CNBR /D connecting to a remote flex I/O and an EBNT /A Initially the only problem was 1) EBNT /A...
Replies
Views
I have a Allen Bradley Control Logix 1756-L62, and we have an applicattion that takes the time from the PLC. Since a couple of weeks, we have the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom