Beckhoff programming question

jonfarrugia

I'm pretty new to programming using beckhoff software so please bare with me.

I am programming a linear transfer line and to help simplify the layout, I've created a folder for each station. Inside each folder is a main program that will handle that cell's process. I've added actions to the main program that will handle alarms,HMI,sequence... The question I have is, How do I call these actions to run from the main program? Is there a call feature?

untitled.jpg

It's CoDeSys!

To run a sub POU from the MAIN POU just type name of POU and ();!
EXAMPLE: Want to run A_Inputs write in MAIN >> A_Inputs();

I don't think you can!

I program only in Structured Text or Instruction List!

But if you want to jump to a specific function from a ladder diagram, make function blocks that you need individually and then save them as a library! Then start a new program and in the library manager import the library then use your functions(alarm, HMI) like any other function block!

No you can't!
You can try, but if you want to know if it works or not, press "Build All" in the toolbar and if gives you an error, you know that it doesn't work!

Are you an absolute beginner in Twincat?

oh, OK.

I suggest you read the help files from beckhoff.com and get a feel for the system. I'm not sure if there is, but try to find a help file for building libraries, so you can use function block in the way that you described!

Good Luck!

How to Jump to an Action In Ladder

To Execute an Action in Ladder, click on the rung, and insert a Box with EN. Click on the AND keyword to highlight it, and choose Edit / Input Assistant to get to a dialog box where you can browse. In the dialog, on the left, choose "User defined Programs", on the right, you can expand out POUs, and choose either programs or actions within programs. That should to it, see attached for an example program.

Last edited: