Belt scale calculation for a 12hr period

Thanks,
Excel is a good way to create sequenced rung logic. You actually do not have to concatenate you can copy all columns and enter. I concatenate to verify spacing needed for logic. To keep spacing correct always add space when needed at beginning of a column entry. If you add it at the end of a column entry excel will remove it.

I guess a few questions could help add on to what you already have:

Do you care which PLC you write the code in?
Does the hourly weight just update once an hour to the Controllogix, or is it totalizing during the hour?

You could do a few things:

If it only changes hourly, you could just add it together once an hour and then move it to a "last shift weight" register every twelve hours. When you do the move, you would clear out the register where you are doing the addition. You could even trigger the hourly addition on a "not equal" condition- this would take another register to compare the "last hour weight" to a holding register, and then after you do your addition, move the last hour weight to the holding register(which will make them equal again until the next change).

You could even use the arrays that were described earlier in the thread and trigger those with a NEQ just in case your two PLC clocks didn't match.

If it was totalizing during the it would be easier to do in the Compactlogix but not impossible to do in the Controllogix.

Speaking of the clocks, it may be better to do in your compactlogix and trigger off the timeclock that's running your existing logic. Here is what i was thinking with a NEQ in the controllogix:

hourly weight.jpg

In the compactlogix plc it never does the total. It is counting the pluses of the belt scale display then the plc calculates on a 3 hr rolling avg. I can program it in the compact plc and just send the total.

Last edited:
The belt scale running hour total is done in a Compactlogix PLC but not a 12hr total. I am sending the running hour total in a message to a Controllogix PLC. In the Controllogix PLC I want to store the running hour total for each hour. Then after 12 hours calculate that total for Day shift and then same for night shift.

OK- so are you sending the 1 hour total from your first post? And i guess from your last post that it is an "average hour total" from the 3hr average you mentioned?

It seems you have a couple options we all listed. After you figure what you'd like to use, let us know if you need any help with it.