Best instruction for 256 inputs

AgentGx42

I am working with an AB PLC5
I need to scan 256 inputs that are normally high
if one drops low then take action but continue scanning for others.

I been trying to us the FBC instruction but can seem to get it right.

Question: What is the best instruction for a large number of inputs?

Is using the FBC on the right track or is there a better way?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How about a NEQ, EQU, or MEQ operating on 16 at a time?

Example:
NEQ(Not Equal)
Source A: I:12
Source B: N100:12

Where N100:12 is populated with the bit pattern you wish, or could be a constant.

If there are input points within actual slot/groups that you want to ignore, use the MEQ and put a zero in the bit positions you want to ignore.

After the NEQ, you can set a bit, to cause whatever action you want later on, and depending on your needs, maybe copy the new value of the input word into your compare Source B for the next scan.

Using the EQU or MEQ, the instruction would be true under normal circumstances, and then go false when you needed to take action.

Does this help?

Okie's idea would work if it doesn't matter which bit is low.
If all the bits in one word were high the decimal value would be -1.

Do you need to know exactly which bit is low?

What if two or more are low?