Best programming practices

When using analog input as feedback from drives, etc, please, please, pretty please do not use "<> 0" to check if the drive/etc is active.

I have seen this being done many times. I have never seen it work.

When using analog input as feedback from drives, etc, please, please, pretty please do not use "<> 0" to check if the drive/etc is active.

I have seen this being done many times. I have never seen it work.

And never test for equality with floating point numbers. 0.0000000001 does not equal 0.

What would be the purpose of this timer? If it rolls constantly, are you picking something up off of this?

I am going to use it in conjunction with a manual switch and some compare functions to pulse a valve open and close.

i.e. 10 second timer. 3 seconds valve open. 7 seconds valve shut.

My most favorite rung comment to date, which I just read today going thru a program.

"If the part is over 36" long, the Light Curtains are disabled".

Someones work around from a while back.

My most favorite rung comment to date, which I just read today going thru a program.

"If the part is over 36" long, the Light Curtains are disabled".

Someones work around from a while back.

Here's a guy looking for a safe word.

You will make a backup before modifying the code.

TIA Portal can and will brick the project file for stupid reasons :(

Why didn't you include HWConfig?
I would've added HWConfig.
You should add HWConfig.
Why should you add HWConfig?

Cuz some ******* ********* ********* **** ********* ****** ***hole did a HWConfig download yesterday and didn't take a back-up.
Download bricked the PLC.
PLC does ... did ... handle an important part of our process.
Most recent back-up had ALL the wrong settings. Sanitary states, tank states, tank designations, recipe data, etc etc etc. All wrong. All wrong.