Bypassing a DOS dongle on old PLC program?

Fred Mau

Lifetime Supporting Member
I need to fire up some old DOS-based Westinghouse PLC software from circa '92 or '93. It uses a parallel port Rainbow Sentinel dongle, won't go on-line unless it sees the dongle, but the dongle appears to be dead. (I've got a known-good DOS computer with a known-good printer port).

Back in the day, I heard rumors of ways to "De-Dongle" software. I wouldn't have done it back then, but today I doubt the Feds will be knocking on my door over unsupported 18-year-old software that was published by a company that doesn't even exist anymore as such.

Can anybody point me in the right direction ?

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I am not new to this forum but this is my first post. At work we are working with a simatic safety PLC. Altough this has great...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a series of subsystems as parts of one machine that runs product. Transfer table (TT) moves product from one subsystem to another. TT...
Replies
Views
I was recently asked a question that I wasnt sure was the proper way to answer it. I was asked if there was a input sensor malfunctioning and I...
Replies
Views
I have a new line reactor where we have let the smoke out of one winding. Its a new reactor and the phases are balanced. It appears to be a...
Replies
Views
EDIT: Sorry, guys. My post seems to have no word wrap. Phil, any clue why???... :confused: For some reason, I'm second guessing myself, so I'm...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom