C-More Remote HMI App - Now Free

Nice. Can I have my 5 bucks back? :)

<RANT> Maybe Schneider could follow this example? I get a the idea of having to pay a couple bucks for an app, but the Schneider Vijeo app is $39. IMHO, the customer has already paid for a HMI and telling them to shell out $39 for the app seems like a bit of slap in the face. </RANT>

AD is taking the steps that all software should be free.
Money is made on the hardware. Although their hardware pricing is very competitive.

Ignition doesn't fall in the category of programming software that is needed to use hardware that is bought.

Buying a AB ControlLogix rack, power supply and all the IO needed is a large budget item, and having to pay $6500 for the full edition of Studio5000 is ridiculous. That software, if not free, should not be more than $100.

EDIT: <Rant>And as far as Windows is concerned it should be less than $10, Pro version maybe $25, and Office another $10</Rant>