Can I Get Ideas for PLC Projects Using LogixPro PLC Simulator?

The software you mention comes with several examples. It has the traffic lights and the conveyor system if I remember correctly. It even has that neat animated test pattern that shows the program in action.

If you need to create your own, I would suggest for beginers to keep it simple. Do something that you allready understand the logic like a hoist or entry gate. You can set up I/O for start, stop, interlock, up/down limits, open/ close limits and anything else you can think of. Start small. Once you get a basic scenario working, add features like status lights, alarms etc. Good luck.

I would start small but, the class requires for me to do something big. I have to create and write a program that controls something ie. heater, air plane control panel or sensors as inputs.

I had an idea of a really busy intersection, involving train tracks, and another intersection on the other side of the tracks. Nearby there's a fire station, and i would like to implement how a fire truck would find his way around the tracks if there's an emergency call and it needs to get to the other side. I would want the truck to find the nearest path accross the tracks whenever a train is approaching from either side. Sometimes this leads the train from blocking the intersection because of it's loads. It's a METRA train to be exact. I would like to have sensors on the tracks as the inputs, and i don't know what the outputs should be. maybe they should be the report the truck gets, like it senses from which side the train is coming. and it could light up an LED labeled, respectively.

I need to make it a little complicated, not just one simulation. something should trigger somethin else. Just to make it bigger. Any thoughts? or do any one want to help me out a little bit? I really like this idea. I got a map of the train station that i might give a link to. i found it at google.

Link to map

Fire station is at point A. And there's two N/S streets; Route 83, and S. Emerson St nearby. Using sensors on the train tracks detecting the train coming in from either side, how would the fire truck station determine which safest, quickest, alternate path accross the tracks to the other side, using the intersection considering traffic, and crossings, and the train blocking one intersection depending from which side it's approaching.

Last edited:
With LogixPro, you are stuck with the simulations that come with the software, or at least the ones that are animated. Now, if you use the I/O simulator to interact with your idea of a simulation, then you can make the thing as complicated as you need to. There are still limitations in the program, but I think you will be ok for most situations. The problem you are likely to face is, you do not really understand what your goal is and until you do, you are just spinning your wheels. Quit doing all the "what ifs" and do some solid thinking. Put your ideas on paper, it will lead to much greater success than any other approach.

I figured i could use the same idea listed above but i have to make it into a product. mayb i can interpret how a fire truck can use to control the traffic lights with the intercoms on top of the power lines. with the help of the sensors being triggered half a mile and a quarter mile down the track near the train station that's if there's any train close. Any product ideas? anyone? your help would be appreciated.