Can two S7-200-CPU224 communicate

halosome

through RS485 PORT?

I am going to use two S7-200 to control a machine, I hope I can let the two PLC communicate through the RS485 PORTs instead using I/O modules to check outputs of each other. Can anyone give some suggestions?

use the wizard

halosome said:
through RS485 PORT?

I am going to use two S7-200 to control a machine, I hope I can let the two PLC communicate through the RS485 PORTs instead using I/O modules to check outputs of each other. Can anyone give some suggestions?

hi Halosome,

you Can use the wizard in microwin to establish communication between the two S7 200 plcs...

you will be able to read/ write bytes..

if you dont want to use the wizard, u can use the Net-read and Net-Write instructions..read the manual its fairly simple!

and yes the communication protocol used by S7 200 is rs485 so u can use straight 9 pin D connector and cable to link the two plcs.

to use the wizard: microwin>tools>instruction wizard

hope this help!

regards.K