Can you see analog Values in one PLC from another using HMI Tags?

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
MY PLC has only discreet inputs cards currently.
Thermocouple Input card for CompactLogix is $1500 bucks and I am not sure if it is even available.
I had a click laying around with Thermocouple input
We have successfully connected the Click to the same RED Lion HMI
The Click thermocouple output (C0-04THM) is connected to a Temperature Tag on the HMI, so I can now display the actual temperature on the HMI.
I want to make it so that if the temperature is above a certain value, (150°F ) then the Compactlogix knows that the temperature has reached 150°F and it will kick it out of Automatic Mode and flash a warning.
I understand that I can modify the click code to turn on an output if the temperature reaches a certain value. We can run the Output from the Click to an Input on the CompactLogix.
Is there a way to do the same thing using a rung in the CompactLogix using the Temperature Tag in the HMI?

CommunicationsP11650.JPG

I wasn't sure if the CR1000 had the Protocol Converter functions available, but according to the datasheet it does. So as joseph_e2 said, you can have the RedLion put the Click temperature information in to a Register on the CompactLogix by using Gateway Blocks.

George,

Your problem is going to be.... the 19HS will never connect to the switch :eek:

Click's do make great remote I/O's

Click to CompactLogix is pretty simple. You can even create an EDS in the Click and throw the Click in the tree in 5000. Connecting a Click to a Micro850 over Modbus (with the 850 reading) was a little tricky on the other hand.