Can't delete a program in RS5000

Old No. 7

I have a program that I can't delete in Logix 5000. I deleted four other programs, but if I try to delete this one it tells me "Failed to delete program "xxx". Program/Phase contains one or more tags" I deleted the routines, all the tags, and unscheduled the task but I still cant get rid of it. Probably something stupid, but I can't figure it out. o_O

Hmm, you mixed up the term Task with Program. You don't unschedule a Task, but instead you unschedule a Program. I'm not trying to be pedantic, but I want to make sure we are talking about the same things.

To delete a Program, you must first delete all Routines within that Program. Then once all routines are deleted, and once the Program has been unscheduled, you can delete the Program.

OG

OK, let me try to get all the naming conventions straight.

Under "Unscheduled Programs/Phases" I have a program. Within that program there are no routines and no program tags, yet when I try and delete it I get the error message.

I used the same method to delete all five programs. Unschedule the program, delete routines, delete all tags, and then delete the program. This is the only one giving me problems.

I spoke with Rockwell and finally got it fixed. They had me export the program as a .l5k file and then import it. After that I could delete it without a problem. Sounds like a Rockwell bug.

I spoke with Rockwell and finally got it fixed. They had me export the program as a .l5k file and then import it. After that I could delete it without a problem. Sounds like a Rockwell bug.

Thanks for coming back on that - it had me stumped thinking of a possible scenario that would stop the program being deleted.

I was thinking that you possibly had a tag filter in place, and thought you had deleted all the tags, but the filter was hiding some.

Anyway, if the export/import solved the issue, then definitely a bug. Can you enlighten us what firmware/software revision this happened in..?

I have versions 17 and 19 installed. This particular program was done with version 17.00.00 CPR 9, SR 1. The processor is a L32E with firmware 17.4 if that matters.