Communication between keyence HMI and Mitsubishi PLC

Ltpriyank

I have got a Mitubishi PLC and a Keyence HMI. For interfacing I am using a BD card module. Now I don't have a communication cable so what I have done is I have taken a db9 female connector and soldered a lapp cable to it and other end of the cable I have attached to the Keyence HMI connector.

Will this work ?

Which BD board do you have the 232 or the 422, the 232 is 9 pin D shell & 422 is 8 pin din. I assume you mean 232, I have no experience with Keyence HMI's the Mitsubishi 232 BD board does not need any configuration if using MC protocol (Mitsubishi programming protocol), It will default to 9600, Even, 7, 1
Unless it is changed by setting values in D registers I think D8xxx onwards, however, without any plc program to alter the coms it will default to the standard here is a link to the manual.
http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc_fx/jy992d69901/jy992d69901e.pdf
I have used many Beijers HMI's on Mitsubishi both using the Programming port & 232BD without problems.

Thank you,
Yes I am using RS232 BD card my doubt is just that I am preparing the communication cable by myself using a db9 connector and 4 core lapp cable, so will there be a problem is communication or not

As long as you use the 232 port on the HMI, select the Mitsubishi protocol (assuming it has the standard programming protocol or at least some information on how to communicate with Mitsi) and the correct baud rate etc. should not be a problem.
I have seen a few HMI's that do not use the MC protocol, in that case the HMI documentation usually give sample PLC programs that are required to control the communications i.e. open or Modbus protocols.

Afredo, Unfortunately you have put a link to your own C drive not the website so cannot be viewed (done this myself a couple of times lol.

It worked!!!!

The communication between the keyence HMI and Mitsubishi worked using a DB9 connector and a standard 4 core LAPP cable . But take care of the mapping of wires between HMI side and PLC side.

The communication between the keyence HMI and Mitsubishi worked using a DB9 connector and a standard 4 core LAPP cable . But take care of the mapping of wires between HMI side and PLC side.

Great news Ltpriyank!!! It seems the week has a good start for you. Thanks a lot for letting us know.