Communication between Micro850 and Banner iVu camera

Joachimg

Hi All,
Hope you guys are all well.
Apologies for jumping onto this post but I am new here and this was the closest tread i found to what i require.

I Have a Micro850 PLC and a Banner iVu camera Gen2.
I am trying to read and write to the camera using the MSG instruction but i am having no joy.
Protocol used Ethernet/IP
Any help or assistance would be appreciated.

I have looked at The following documents :

1. iVu Plus TG and Color Gen2 Image Sensors manual

2. Micro800 Programmable Controllers: Getting Started with
CIP Client Messaging

Thanks in advance!

Hi JT,

Thanks for your reply.
The Micro850 uses connected components workbench.
From my knowledge you are unable to add a module, like you would do on Studio5000 or RSlogix5000.

Please correct me,if i am wrong.
what i am hoping to achieve:
1. Trigger.
2. Change inspections.
3.Detect pass/fail.

Thanks for your help.

Oh, apologies for the confusion.
Assign the camera an IP in a network you can browse with RS Linx Classic. Open Linx Classic and navigate to it and install the EDS of it hasn't already been done.
When you open CCW, under the devices tab in the project organizer press the Discover Device from Connection Browser button and see if you add it from there.

Hi JT

I tried what you recommended.
On RSlinx i can see the Banner iVu Plus camera.
When i attempt to add it on CCW it wont allow it.:(

It works on Studio 5000 though.

Last edited:
Have you tried adding the camera to RSLinx via the Ethernet Devices driver instead of Ethernet/IP?

Sometimes this works, sometimes it does not.
You may have to contact Banner but I'm guessing the Micro850 might not support the camera.

Hi JT

I think you are correct, that's the reason I think need to use the message instruction. MSGCIPSYMBOLIC messaging.