communication between s7 plc siemens and telemecanique premium plc

Greetings
Is it possible that Siemens plc is a plc telemecanique cp343-1 module that is connected to the module ETY110ws able to exchange information.
If it is possible please guide me.
Thanks

yep. you would need to choose which comm protocol you will use. there are profibus, devicenet, modbus, canbus... siemens is by default most likely profibus or profinet while telemecanique i think is canbus or modbus. either way you choose, you will have to buy appropriate module for other plc. when you choose what you want then ask for more info on respected protocol as there are many threads with respective protocols.

Thank you
Due to the use of said modules I'm using the Ethernet protocol. (cp 343-1 and ETY110ws) How do we use this hardware and communication protocols, this would be?

Hello Elyas;
Check if the Premium comm. processor can handle Modbus/TCP.
If this is the case, Siemens has a library for the CP 343-1 to support Modbus/TCP, exchanges should be easy to implement between the two:
S7 OpenModbus/TCP - IT4Industry - Siemens

It is a licensed product, but you can download the demo version (fully functional) from the site, along with the documentation, and you can develop your application in demo mode without problems (except you will have diagnostic LEDs and messages that the license is missing).
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello and thanks dchartier
Pl7 software telemecanique plc is related to how and what to read and write blocks of data using software S7 OpenModbus / TCP - IT4Industry - Siemens've said that I should use?

Sorry elyas;
I do not fully understand what you are trying to say.
PL7 is a programming language used for Schneider Micro and Premium PLCs. You use it to plan and execute the control functions of your PLC. Amongst other things you can use it to program the communictaion functions for your PLC.
With your PLC you have a communication module (Ethernet) ETY110ws. I am not familiar with it, but Ethernet modules can exchange data with specific protocols. If both Ethernet modules do not share a common protocol, it becomes difficult (possible, but more difficult) to setup data exchanges between the two.
Since Siemens proposes a solution for Modbus/TCP on the CP 343-1, if you can confirm that your ETY module "talks" also with Modbus/TCP then you have a possible solution.
Please check if your module supports the Modbus/TCP rotocol,so we can continue the discussion.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
Hi teacher with Daniel Chartier
I'm sorry that I can not just tell you.
I'd International plc siemens s7-315 (cp 343-1) plc telemecanique premium P57203 with (ety110ws) to communicate.
ETY110ws modbustcp protocol and also supports ethernet.
1 - Is it possible with the current hardware?
2 - If it is possible, how the block should be used in plc?
3 - If you could send me an example of the specimen.
To appreciate

S7 & Premium communication

Hi,
Mr Daniel Chartier has already spelt out easiest way to do this .
Alongwith existing hardware you need ModTCP Lib license from Siemens.

How many process tags you want to exchange ?
Are you taking any controling action on these values ?
If not , you could connect both systems to an HMI / SCADA and carry out exchange in background event task.