Conical Tank Linerisation

My questions would be what are the volumes of these tanks and what are they used for?

Large tanks that have to be manufactured on site typically need to have a straping table made. You can use the calculations provided for the cone but I am fairly confident that they wont have a calculation for the wavy side walls after the panels are welded together. With the large tanks that I have seen fabricated at many customers sites there are plenty of points where you can measure a foot of deviation. The transmitters on these tanks are used for invetory control so it is important that they provide accurate feedback.

We use a method similar to curlys. Build a strapping table in excel that will store the totalized gallons of water from a mass meter every quarter inch until full.
When the table is complete we use it as a look up table comparing the level transmitter reading to the strapping table then factor in the specific gravity of the product.

If they are small tanks or not used for invetory control then it is much more cost effective to use the equations or some form of that were provided in the above posts.