connecting several cpu's to a scada

Amr Hassan

i have a project where i need to connect 6 s7 plc to scada on a profibus network , is it possible to use the port on the cpu to communicate if is already configured as a master for some slaves(i/o, drive,....) or i need to add a cp in this case

No. You need to have a seperate CP module (ProfiBus).
Connect all the S7 PLC through the DP port and use ethernet to connect to SCADA. or if you are looking out for only collecting the information from the PLC's and monitoring(no control) on a SCADA then connect all the S7 PLC and SCADA through ethernet.

Why can't what Amr suggests be done? Could he not connect the Profibus network to his SCADA PC using a CP5611 or similar card in the PC? I have done that with WinCC.

i know that i can use the profibus port to connect to a scada , the problem is the port in this case is slave , not a dp master

I don't understand. If you have a connection from a Profibus network to a SCADA computer, why can't you communicate? WinCC, for example, uses "S7 functions" on top of the Profibus comms.