Contractors/Machine builders

LStewart

I work at a fortune 500 company in the deep south. We are currently in the process of expanding and I am looking for machine builders/contractors. Is there anyone in the southeast willing to do smaller jobs? This can be anything from desigining tooling, building stand alone stations, modifying existing stations, programming or just doing grunt work.

I recommend having your local newspaper run a story on your expansion and the fact that you are soliciting for contractors and machine builders. Being a Fortune 500 company, I should imagine that local businesses will knock down your door for the opportunity.

Steve

i think i saw a help wanted post at plc.net.I already do work for serval 500s if you get any replies from texas im looking for good help. thanks. steve

I am around Louisville KY. I prefer small jobs. The big jobs take up to much time. I can't get tied down doing a month long job and not give my other customers the service they deserve.
I am interest if still need some help.

Thats perfect! We have all of our usual contractors buried. We are in the process of moving/reducing 8 or 9 lines to make room for some new business. We need someone that can come into the plant, take a working machine, disassemble enough to move and reassemble. thats one, we are completely disassembling another huge machine and are going to make stand alone stations but need tooling and fixturing designed. There are projects ongoing constantly and not enough resources available to get them done. Let me know if you would be interested in these kind of small jobs.

I, too, would be interested in the work. I am an independent Electrical Engineeer, located in West Alabama and would probably be relatively close to your facility. I do custom design, build and modifications of electrical control panels.

Please contact me and send me more details as to where your facility is located. I just joined the PLCS forum site (because of your request for help.) Can you contact me by way of the website member information or should I give you my email addy in my next reply here?

Thanks,
Dan