Control Panel Building (Sticky Backs)

I will drill and tap a panel door and sand the screw flush or throw a tiny acorn nut on it, no problems with them leaking but you could put sealant on the fine threads if you are that anal about it. I despise the stickybacks too, but they are too handy to say "never"...When supporting cables with them, I will place two of them side by side for extra support when I can't drill through them.

U-drives may not be short enough, nutserts will leak, just drill and tap fine threads, small diameter screws.

I use the stud welder but have used OkiePC method when we are painting the panel our company color.

Still have to use the adhesive wire tie mounts sometimes but I buy them with no adhesive and apply the 3m tape that's used to apply automotive trim and you have to be careful when placing it as it does not come off.

For only a few mounts I have also used the 2 part epoxy type from Panduit and they hold really well. http://www.panduit.com/wcs/Satellit...ation_id=159&locale=en_us&pagename=PG_Wrapper

I have never had any of these methods come off and we have a very rough environment and a maintenance crew that can destroy a panzer tank while trying to "fix sompin"

Our electricians put a drop of crazy glue on the adhesive before they set them in place. They swear by it.

One note for drilling through the door, if you are going to get the panel UL listed, any holes in the enclosure must be filled with fittings or devices that are UL type rated. Using standard stuff you will have to de-rate to Type 1 even if the rest of the enclosure is Type 4.

We mount valves manifolds to the side of some enclosures with bolts and nuts and to keep our Type 12 rating, we have to use washers and/or nuts from these guys:
http://www.apmhexseal.com/

Our electricians put a drop of crazy glue on the adhesive before they set them in place. They swear by it.

One note for drilling through the door, if you are going to get the panel UL listed, any holes in the enclosure must be filled with fittings or devices that are UL type rated. Using standard stuff you will have to de-rate to Type 1 even if the rest of the enclosure is Type 4.

We mount valves manifolds to the side of some enclosures with bolts and nuts and to keep our Type 12 rating, we have to use washers and/or nuts from these guys:
http://www.apmhexseal.com/

I second the superglue. I clean the surface with alcohol and then apply four small dabs of gel superglue to each pad. I've never seen a pad come off since I started doing this about 10 years ago.