ControlLogix: Missing "Path" in Application

That's not a screw up, that's a good result!!

Yes it is...It is good in the world of the beholder though...:geek:...The significant other sees it differently and clearly states that you can't watch the game cuz you gotta go to the store NOW and get the milk...:mad:...She's standing by the door holding it open for ya...:sick:

Last edited:
OK, I apologize ... AGAIN!

I'm going to bite my lip from now on...

It's just frustrating here, trying to assume responsibility for systems I don't know anything about (but that I'm certainly qualified to be maintaining), and I can't even go online with a Controller to debug a problem! I don't have much patience right now!

But it's MY problem. I know that. Either put up or shut up, right?

At least I riled a few of you up and that resulted in some good replies (LOL!)

I guess I'll go add that missing path to that one application so I don't have *that* problem again.

Thanks!

I have had those days................

And made the mistake of engaging in the forum.

I wait at least a day now.

Nothing is ever so important.

At least I riled a few of you up and that resulted in some good replies (LOL!)

I am okay with that...Progress will never occur without divergent opinions...👨🏻‍🏫

I guess I'll go add that missing path to that one application so I don't have *that* problem again.

That will be helpful...However, since complex automation systems usually provide more than one communications path to any participating CPU, it would be a better approach if one would try to comprehend the big picture of the implemented networking (Who Active/Go Online) instead to rely on a strictly defined path; sometimes a software connecting path might become unusable or one will be tasked to functionally alter or expand the very system he is trying to connect to today; having knowledge of the existing networking implementation will make it more efficient to address any current issues or aid further development.

However, since complex automation systems usually provide more than one communications path to any participating CPU, it would be a better approach if one would try to comprehend the big picture of the implemented networking (Who Active/Go Online) instead to rely on a strictly defined path

I don't know what the network topography is here. No documentation. People here are allowed to be as cryptic and secretive as they want to be. That's a culture problem, and a failure of management (which also participates in same behavior), but that's another topic all together, right?

Can Rockwell software help me map out the network topography here?