ControlLogix5555 Interface with Ti545

parco

:cool: hi every one
i m working on project assigned by my head to inteface ControlLogix5555 with Ti545 Plc can any body have this type of experience or suggetion how it can be done
what kind of hardware required to perform it
detail would be great

ur sincere
Muhammad Faisal Qureshi
SCADA Engineer
Pak-arab Refinery Ltd.

Hello, parco;
I would use Profibus-DP as a link between the ControlLogix, with a SST-PFB-CLX card from SST) and the TI545. The TI545 integrated DP port can only be set-up as a master, so you would have to select the SST card as a slave. You can exchange up to 244 bytes Out/244 bytes In per exchange at 12 MB between the processors.
Look at www.mysst.com for info on the ControLogix Profibus scanner.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I've never connected a Contol Logix to TI before. But I have connected PLC5's to TI-565. The method used was MODBUS, Siemens sells a card called a MODNIM, and pro-soft has modbus cards for AB.

KEN

I have performed such an interface in two ways, both using Profibus DP.

The ControlLogix uses a SST-PFB-CLX module that Daniel mentioned.

If your TI-545 controller has a Profibus DP Master port, you can set up the SST-PFB-CLX as a slave device and transfer data that way.

If the TI-545 does not have a Profibus DP Master port, you can use a Profibus DP Slave module from Control Technology (www.controltechnology.com). It's called a Model 2577.

This module fits in the I/O chassis with the TI-545 and provides a chunk of V-memory addresses that are slaves to the ControlLogix Profibus scanner.

Could you explain how you did this..
I used Group of 16 words in, and 16 words out.
Then used byte swapping within the Controllogix...

It's been over ten years, so I don't remember the specifics.

I do remember that there were some issues with byte order, which is typical when interfacing Siemens and A-B gear.

In the modern world, a CTI Ethernet module would be a more likely interface betwen ControlLogix and a TI-545 because those modules natively support messaging over Rockwell's EtherNet/IP protocol.