Controlnet & 1756-OB16I Cards

plcnovel

Hi All
I am having a weired problem with controlnet network and 1756-OB16I cards. The problem is i am not being able to force a physical point to any of my Do cards. I tried to put the Do card in a local chassis and download a dummy program on my processor and then tried to force it, it worked fine in that way. Here is the configuration that i am using:

* Redundant Control lOgix processors L63 in two A7 chassis
* Two remote I/O racks in A17 chassis
* control net media fully redundant
* power supplies fully redundant

My controlnet is fully scheduled on RsNetworx, but i cam not be able to force any value to my Dos. All the Do cards are using rack optimization format to communicate with the controller. The RPI for CNBR in that rack is set to 10ms and NUT is set to 5 ms. I have tried to increase the RPI to different values but didn't help. I am not even sure if this is a Network problem or what?

please help me out in this thanks in regards

Are you not seeing power from the output, or is the output not turning on?

Could it be that the output is turning on, but there are some other controls stopping power from reaching the output, or power from the output reaching what ever motor or light you are trying to power?

(Safety Relays, MCRs, Etc.)

You mention that the Dummy program works, but your real one doesn't. Are all the I/O configured the same between the two programs?

Hi I guess i was just thinking abt the program and i think i have RPI set as 0 ms in my Local CNBR modules (the one in controller chassis). I think that is the reason that i am not sending any logic from processor to that rack. Could this be a problem?

Can you see the card in the tree on the left hand side of your ladder, with no yellow question mark?

If you see a yellow question mark it indicates that the module is not communicating.

Another thing that would cause you outputs to be disabled is if your output card is inhibited.

Check the module properties under Connection Tab and see if Inhibit Module is checked.

Kim

Thanks Kim for your post but module is not inhbit and there are no yellow question marks in front of the module in I/O configuration. Even module status is saying running. I think The CNBR in the redundant chassis does not have any RPI set, its RPI was set to 0 and i think that is the problem i am facing. Because there is no such think with RPI = 0ms? Whats your thoughts on this?

Is the RPI greyed out (as in you cannot change the value) or is it just set to zero?

Also, following up on a previous message, on the screenshot Kim posted, notice in the bottom left hand corner the status reads "offline", what does your screen show for this output module?

OG

One other item.....you mentioned that you had a redundant system. Make certain that you are doing this on the primary controller and not the secondary controller. This would explain why forcing works in the local chassis.

Not entirely certain that it matters on the CLX but I know the PLC-5 required this.

OG

Yes the status was running when everything was online. As RPI concerned i am pretty sure that control logix will require that too.