ControlNet issue-Event Log Help Please

kbradray

We communicate from the enterprise side to our process PLCs (CTLogix) via ethernet. All of our peer to peer communications between PLCs is via controlnet. We had an issue last night where we lost comms between two PLCs and caused several issues. No one at the plant can tell me anything other than the fact that they re-seated the CNB. Is there a way to go into the CNBs and take a look at the error log in each CNB? Thanks

Certainly not after the fact; CNet bridges do not have any non-volatile memory "storage" for event recording.
You could use the Online RSNetWorx for ControlNet file Diagnostic View while the fault is present and determine what kind of error is present and what node(s) seems to be the culprit.
You could also automatically log each CPU's "unusual activity" onto the eventual on-board CompactFlash media via user implemented programming or Detect a (user configurable) Change within the controller.
Refer to Chapters 3 and 4 of:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm015_-en-p.pdf