Crimson 3.0: Set a bit when on a certain page

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Working on a prototype system using a Click PLC and a Red Lion G306.

I am trying to set a bit in the PLC when I am on the "Log In" page on the HMI. I am using that bit to run a subroutine to check some entries. I thought I had it set up properly using the Actions under the Page Properties. The issue is as soon as I select the page the LOG_IN_PAGE_TRUE bit goes from OFF to On and then back to OFF. I want this bit to stay ON the whole time that the page is on the screen. When I leave that page I want the bit to go back to OFF.

Please take a look at what I have in the attached and let me know where I am going wrong.

Thanks for the help!

G306 Page set bit.PNG

Just want to add to this.
I put a very simple program in the Click and the G306. Reading a couple of floating points and setting 2 C registers from the HMI via 2 state toggles. The issue seems to be that I am not able to write to the C registers at all. I can read them but when I am not able to write to them. There is nothing in the PLC that is writing to the bits at all. I do have the tags set to read/write in the HMI.

Any one have this issue before? This is my first time with the Click so I am sure it is something simple.
Thanks!

Have zero experience with the Click so can only guess from the Red Lion side. Look at the definition of the tags, any chance you have set them to 'read only'. Then accessing bits is a bit confusing (pun intended) because you read a byte but set it to Treat As Bit Array Big or Little Endian and choose the bit you want to access. I always have to check myself a few times reading/writing Bits with Red Lion. From your number of posts you are experienced with Red Lion, so I am probably way off, but best I can offer. Sometimes a quick email to tech support is the best option.

Thanks for the reply Bryan,
I do have everything set as Read/Write on the tags. I have done a Red Lion to P2000 before with Modbus and it worked great. I figured the Click would be just as simple. This one has me a little perplexed.

I will try and get a hold of AD's Customer Service today and see if they can offer any additional ideas. In the mean time hopefully more people will return from the break and be able to help.

Here is my test program that I put into the G306 and the Click. Hopefully someone will look at the program and be able to let me know where I am going wrong.

Thanks for the help.

I compared your crimson file with one I have working using a Click. I have everything the same with a couple of exceptions:

I have a comms delay of 100ms on the driver settings page. I don't remember why I did this, probably due to the fact that my Click is using the ethernet port to control 6 wells via ethernet radio modems and I didn't want to allow the HMI to bog it down.

The other difference is that when I access coils, I use the Digital Coils (prefix 0) option in the address picker in crimson where you are using the Digital Inputs area (prefix 1).

I think that is your issue, try using [PLC1.016385] for the test_pb_1 source, likewise for the other tags that access the C memory, replace the first "1" with a "0".

Last edited:
Thanks Paul,
That was exactly what Red Lion Support said. I just tried it now and that was the issue. Using the 0 prefix worked.
I could have sworn that I tried that but who knows as I tried so many different things.
I feel a little stupid about now o_O

Thanks Paul,
That was exactly what Red Lion Support said. I just tried it now and that was the issue. Using the 0 prefix worked.
I could have sworn that I tried that but who knows as I tried so many different things.
I feel a little stupid about now o_O

Nothing to feel stupid for...these comms challenges are always a bit of trial and error...sometimes the trick is keeping track of all the trials!